Linn County Air Quality Division
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Open Burning

The Linn County Board of Supervisors is now accepting variance requests for individuals denied an open burning permit because their property is within one-half mile of Cedar Rapids, Hiawatha or Marion, Iowa and classified as Urban Services Residential (USR). Click here to learn how to submit this variance request.

Apply for a New Burning Permit

Enter the burn address in the search box, or zoom in on and click on your parcel to determine open burning eligibility. If your property falls within the red shaded area, you are either in a NO BURN area or in a RESTRICTED BURN AREA. See information in the pop-up screen for more details, and to apply for an open burn permit if the property is eligible.